Whether a digital artist or graphics designer, a gadget without which life is incomplete is a drawing tablet. Sometimes what you draw comes out differently than you want. That can be due to the smudgy dirty screen that affects the pressure sensitivity of the stylus. Cleaning a drawing tablet weighs the same as knowing how it works.
If your drawing looks messy these days, let us find out how to clean a drawing tablet with precautions while cleaning.
Why Should You Clean a Drawing Tablet?
Most users prefer cleaning the drawing tablet with a regular napkin or towel, ignoring the importance of proper cleaning. Properly cleaning the drawing tablet helps enhance its performance and also helps boost its lifespan and speed.
Here are the reasons why you should regularly clean your drawing tablet;
- Touching the tablet screen with bare hands gives bacteria and viruses a home to live. Proper cleaning helps remove germs and prevents skin infections.
- A smudgy and spotted screen can damage the display. A clean screen gives a smooth working experience, which is essential to keep productivity high. Moreover, it improves touch responsiveness.
- A clean screen helps you focus better instead of narrowing your eyes to pay attention.
- A debris-coated screen will affect the pressure sensitivity of the stylus. It can affect the responsiveness of the pen.
Read More: Best Drawing Tablet Under $500
How to Clean a Drawing Tablet?
We live in a digital era where mobile phones, laptops, and tablets are crucial to everyday life. If you are a graphic designer or a digital artist, a drawing tablet is a must to polish your skills.
Cleaning the drawing tablet will help improve its performance and lifespan. Here is the step-by-step guide on how to clean a drawing tablet;
Unplug All Cords And Accessories:
Before sprinkling water on the screen and wiping it clean, ensure all cords are unplugged, including headphones, speakers, charging, and OTG cables. The plugged-in power cables can slipshod the cleaning process.
Remove Dust & Debris:
Take a microfiber cleaning cloth, and clean the screen. Ensure the fabric is not damp or dirty. Rub the cloth over the screen in a circular motion. You can use a lint-free fabric if you don’t have a microfiber cleaning cloth.
Make Vinegar And Water Mixture:
Now let’s get practical. If you are running out of budget, you can make a homemade cleaning solution with two ingredients. Take diluted vinegar and water 1:1 ratio and mix it well.
Sprinkle the mixture on the screen; be cautious, and don’t spray too much that it damps the screen. Now take a microfiber cleaning cloth and sprinkle the same mixture on it. Gently rub the fabric over the screen in a circular motion.
Use 70% Rubbing Alcohol:
We touch the screen with bare hands dozens of times daily- bacteria and germs spread through skin contact. After cleaning the screen with vinegar and water solution, the surface might seem clear to you, but in reality, the exterior is still home to germs and bacteria. Use 70% rubbing alcohol to remove the viruses and bacteria as well.
Take a clean and dry microfiber cloth and drop 70% rubbing alcohol. Gently clean the surface in a circular motion. Pay extra attention to corners and buttons, as germs can hide in the cavities. You can also clean the stylus pen using rubbing alcohol.
Let the drawing tablet dry for a minute, then use it.
Things to Avoid While Cleaning a Drawing Tablet
The more cautious you are, the more successful you will clean the screen. Cleaning a drawing tablet is undoubtedly a simple task, yet it needs attentiveness for smooth results.
Here are things to avoid while cleaning a drawing tablet;
- Be cautious of what alcohol you are using. Using regular alcohol can damage the display. Only use 70% cleaning isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol to clean the screen. It helps kill bacteria and germs.
- Using detergent or dishwashing liquid to clean a drawing table has never been a good idea. The high chemical composition can damage the display and touch responsiveness.
- Avoid using towels, napkins, paper towels, or dark clothing to clean the screen. The rough fabric texture can damage the screen. Don’t use any fabric except for microfiber or lint-free cloth.
- Avoid using glass cleaning solutions. Most glass cleaning solutions contain bleach, and more solvents chemicals have the potential to damage tablet displays’ coatings- designed to fend off skin oil.
- Never submerge or coat the screen with the cleaning solution. The liquid can spill into the tablet through audio and other ports, leading to failure.
- Avoid getting any alcohol moisture inside any pores on your tablet to keep it clean. Before applying it to the tablet’s screen, you should lay the dampened cloth flat. So that spilled liquid won’t harm your speakers, speakers, apertures, or display.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How often should I clean my drawing tablet?
It’s a good idea to clean your drawing tablet every couple of weeks. Regular cleaning helps prevent the buildup of dirt and oils, ensuring smooth and responsive performance.
Can I use water instead of isopropyl alcohol for cleaning?
It’s not recommended to use water for cleaning your drawing tablet. Isopropyl alcohol is a better choice because it effectively removes oils and grime without leaving residue or causing potential damage.
Is it safe to use a screen protector on my drawing tablet?
Yes, using a screen protector is a safe practice. It adds an extra layer of protection to your tablet’s surface, safeguarding it from scratches and minor damage.
Can I use household cleaning products on my drawing tablet?
It’s best to avoid household cleaning products on your drawing tablet. These products may contain chemicals that can harm the tablet’s screen or finish. Stick to cleaning wipes designed for tech devices.
What should I do if my drawing tablet is still not responsive after cleaning?
If your drawing tablet remains unresponsive after cleaning, don’t panic. First, check the user manual for troubleshooting guidance. If that doesn’t help, contact customer support for expert assistance. They can diagnose and resolve any underlying issues to get your tablet working smoothly again.
A drawing tablet is a helpful device. If you are not paying attention to its cleaning and working efficiency, the device will wear out eventually. Regularly clean your drawing tablet for a smooth working experience and adequate pressure sensitivity of the stylus.
Be gentle while cleaning the screen. Don’t exert extra pressure on the screen- it can damage the display. Ensure to keep in mind the precaution list while cleaning the drawing tablet.